Thursday, May 20, 2010

He who laughs

     Laughter may not actually be the best medicine, especially if you are really sore from surgery or an injury. However, it does have many beneficial effects. It lowers blood pressure, increases oxygen uptake in the brain, or something like that.
     Unfortunately some of us have a hard time finding our laughs, especially on days when nothing goes right at work, it's raining (again), the dog threw up on the carpet . . . (insert your own down circumstances here.)
     I find that there are several things that can help me find my missing giggles.
     One is spending just a few minutes with my children. I can practically guarantee one of them will say something silly if I give them the opportunity. If you don't have children of your own, you probably know someone who will be happy to lend you theirs for a while!
     B, reading the comics. I have daily comics on my yahoo account, and I also have extensive Calvin & Hobbes and Tundra books of comic strips. I have spent my last several evenings just before bed relaxing and getting a good chuckle glancing through those books. It may not be these particular ones that make you chuckle, titter, or snicker, but with a little research I 'm sure you can find a comic that tickles your fancy. Plus, the research shouldn't be boring!
     Finally, find yourself a good comic, and invest some time and money in purchasing copies of their material. Again, tastes vary. I personally recommend Tim Hawkins. He is a home-schooled, home schooling parent who proclaims Christianity. He doesn't curse or make lewd jokes. In short, he proves you don't have to be nasty to be funny. For a sample, go to: http://www.timhawkins.net/.
     Enjoy. If nothing else works, picture the way the penguin waddles. Don't forget to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.