Monday, August 16, 2010

A wee bit of poetry

I was reading the book, Your Mama Don't Dance last week and noticed that Mrs. Colley had a poem at the end of each chapter. This got me thinking that perhaps the book I've been working on could use a poem or two.
Here's my first attempt. Let me know what you think!


No fateful weaver destines me, controls my road of life.
My decisions are my own, to bring me peace or strife.
No stars their portents writ, unchanging though I strive,
No celestial queen bids me a worker in her hive.
I once cursed the fates with bitter anger at my life their toy.
I instead now know the truth, and it brings me greatest joy.
God is in control, but my choices are my own.
I can forge a path of sin and death, or claim a starry crown.
My life has taught me many things, I’ve learned so much thus far,
And I’ve more to learn, though I’ll ne’er discern,
What lies beyond ‘thus far.’
I shall continue each new day, no longer fear my death.
When that cold tide o’er me rolls, I will welcome blessed rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.