Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Penguin Played in the Snow!

Hello from Afghanistan!

In case you were wondering, I have really been wandering this past week! After I left my heart in San Francisco, I began a series of flights. Over the next several days, I stopped in New York, Virginia, Germany, Kyrgyzstan, and now finally Afghanistan. I got to walk through the rain & snow in Virginia, the snow in Germany, and sort and palletize my luggage in the rain & snow in Kyrgyzstan. Fortunately, everything important stayed dry, and my luggage has already dried out!

Afghanistan will be my new abode for the next six months, and the only wandering I'll be doing is to the gym, the dfac, the hospital, and occasionally the BX. However, since I am only responsible for myself, I'll probably have plenty of time to wonder, so check back often for more musings from the mind of the Penguin.

Work is going to be awesome as there are a bunch of people here I already know from stateside, including some I haven't seen since my last deployment! And I'll have plenty of free time, as I will only be working 8-12 hours a day. Living space here is very limited, so I am going to get to know my 7 (yes, count them, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7!) roommates really well, I would imagine.

Well, that's all the news that is the news from the other side of the world, at least for the moment. Seems like Mrs. Penguin and the littles are adjusting to life without me. Not necessarily well or easily, but adjusting. Surprisingly, the one that seems to be having the hardest time without me at home is Buck! He has been so bad since I left that he is now confined to linoleum only spaces or outside 24/7. Mrs. Penguin said if/when I deploy again, I have to take him with me, because he has been atrocious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.