Saturday, December 29, 2012

Just Like Job

     I want to be just like Job. Not just like him, in that I want to go through all the suffering and have my best friends call me a liar and my wife tell me to curse God and die. 

     I want to be "Just" like Job, meaning moral, upright, spiritually mature and clean. Imagine being so aware of your purity that you know you are not guilty of a single sin which would be cause for the punishment you are receiving. I pray that someday I will be so aware of my state of sin or sinlessness that I can say, "Yes, I am worthy of punishment today," or, "No, I am sinless before the Lord."

     Consider Job's words in Chapter 13, starting in verse 16, "This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence, 17 "Listen carefully to my speech, And let my declaration fill your ears. 18 "Behold now, I have prepared my case; I know that I will be vindicated. 19 "Who will contend with me? For then I would be silent and die."

     When we drop down to verse 23, Job asks, "How many are my iniquities and sins? Make known to me my rebellion and my sin."

     He knows that He is guiltless! Even Jehovah God knew this about Job when this book opened. We read in chapter one and verse 8, "And the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.'"

     How awesome will that be? I long for the day when I can say to those around me when I am accused of sin, "I know I am innocent of all sin this day." How about you? Are you there yet? Can you look back at the end of your day and say, "I did it! I didn't sin all day!"

     I've been dealing with a herniated disc in my back for well over a year. Do I think this is some punishment for a sin I have committed? No, I don't. A friend of mine has taught me that the more that comes at you, the more it means Satan is scared of you. If you feel like you are a Job, being punished unrighteously, think of it as Satan being scared of you, of God placing His stamp of approval on you.
Yes, I know that God causes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust, but it sure helps me mentally and spiritually to think that I am or have the potential to be so valuable to God that Satan would be scared of me. I want to be "Just like Job," and I hope that you do also.

God Bless you as you strive to be "Just like Job." - Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.