Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Agonies of E-Bay

     So I just wrapped up trying to sell some items on E-Bay. I never know if I did a good job or not. Half the items sold, and one of them was bid up from almost twice the minimum, so I feel like I did good with those. The other half didn't sell, even though they had several views, and one item had two watchers.
     Maybe those that didn't sell were listed too high. Do books sell on a per pound basis? The ones that sold were all the heavier books. Maybe I need to calculate the price per pound average of those that sold, and then relist the ones that didn't sell at an equivalent price per pound?
     Does anybody else have much experience selling on E-Bay? Is 50% successful sales good? In retail I don't think that would keep me in business. This wasn't so much about making a bunch of money as clearing out some space on the bookshelves, but still, I wonder if I did well or not. Any thoughts out there amongst the penguin pack?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I don't actually know. I would think that 50% would be decent on eBay, but I don't actually know that for a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I don't actually know. I would think that 50% would be decent on eBay, but I don't actually know that for a fact.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.