Monday, April 19, 2010

Camping

     This past Saturday night, I got to do something I hadn't done in a long time. I camped out in the back yard with Boo and Boy Wonder.  I think the last time we got to camp out together outside was while we were still living in Missouri, back in 2004. We had done some living room "campouts" in between, but none outside for a long, long time.
     It was great! The weather was wonderful, the tent was big enough for all three of us and the ground wasn't too hard (at least not after I got my self-inflating mattress pad between me and it!)
     The kids love to camp out. I hadn't been joining them for a long time because A) we didn't have a tent big enough and 2) I was either too tired or too busy with school. Thankfully both of those issues have been remedied.
     It wasn't perfect . . .  someone was having a party in the neighborhood, so the music was still going around 2 a.m.; and Boy Wonder has a bladder the size of a walnut, so he was up 4 times during the night.
    All in all, it was an experience I look forward to repeating multiple times over this summer and fall. Camping out is just so peaceful, even with the distractions. It reminds me of great times growing up, camping out in the backyard with my brother, or way back up on the Chacok with Dad. Camping is just COOL!
     What's your favorite camp-out memory?

4 comments:

  1. The backyard and the Chcok are still there. Pops But now I prefer the cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because you are getting softer in your old age. I am too, I guess. I didn't used to have the mattress pad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's because you are getting softer in your old age. I am too, I guess. I didn't used to have the mattress pad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The backyard and the Chcok are still there. Pops But now I prefer the cabin!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.