Thursday, July 22, 2010

The art of illusion

I wandered across a new website today that I thought I would share with you. It refreshed my sense of wonder. I have always enjoyed good illusions; be it on the silver screen (The Illusionist, The Prestige), the small screen (The Masked Magician, David Blaine, Penn and Teller, etc.), as well as artistic and optical illusions.


This new (to me) website (www.moillusions.com) has over 200 pages of various optical illusions; some animated, some still photos and some videos. 


If you would like your sense of wonder restored, please check it out. DISCLAIMER: Not all of the material is suitable for children or discerning adults.


Below is one sample:


Peacock Brothers Illusion

July 18, 2010 by Vurdlak with 27 Comments  
Old time viewers will probably experience some form of deja vu, but there is no harm repeating good stuff! Even the motive is a little different in today’s photo. So, how would you react if someone was trying to convince you that both of the peacocks in the painting below are exactly the same? I’m not talking about dimensions here, what I’m saying is that both of the peacocks are in the same color. Don’t believe me? Try expanding the solution below. Then you’ll see how this very same image looks like if we remove the background.




They are also on FB  - search "Mighty Optical Illusions -  Photography Fan Page." There is also an ap if you happen to have an I-phone or I-Pad or I-Pod touch. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.