Monday, July 26, 2010

Definition contest

     Scheduled post is a great thing. It allows me to have posts even when I am away from a computer. (Except it didn't work . . . this was supposed to post while I was gone to Tahoe. Oops!)

     In an upcoming post I will write about the new word I made up, pestimist. While I was pondering that word, I began to think that each of you probably have a word or two that's not in the dictionary, but belongs in the common vernacular.
     You might have also noticed the Verbotomy link down at the bottom right on this page.
     All of these things have culminated in my decision to proclaim a contest. I'll leave it open for a week or so. Send me your word and definition, either as a comment on this post or to my e-mail, akbob3@yahoo.com. I'll post all the words and definitions, and declare a winner. The prize won't be anything spectacular, maybe a stuffed penguin or some other item that I have previously posted about.
     So what are they, fellow penguins? Send 'em in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment as you wish. Remember that my kids will read these too, and conduct yourself appropriately. Thanks.